Sunday, July 01, 2007

Elephant Poop

As you know from a previous post, we own the book Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi. It's an animated book and while not extremely graphic, it gets the point across that indeed everyone poops. Well, a friend of our has a daughter Buttons' age and owns another book about poop. Graphic pictures of poop. Not images of these sweet (albeit including poo) statues entitled "V W X Yellow Elephant Underwear / H I J Kiddy" part of "Little Boy: The Arts of Japan's Exploding Subculture" by Japanese artist Chinatsu Ban. (Um exploding, as in my girls' diaper today?)
Not even a picture of this apparently poop-themed play area were included.
This was pretty much the picture of elephant poop in the Japanese book about poop at our friends' house. I've learned 2 things. Elephants eat alot of fiber and in my experience there seems to be a significant amount of literature from Japan with a poo theme.

I put my sweet child to bed and say to her "I love you. Good night. Sweet dreams". After that, she will often tell me what she's going to dream about in the night. Giraffes. Hippos. Our cat. Grandma. Tonight? Yeah. "I dream about elephant poop tonight Mama." Sweet dreams indeed.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At July 4, 2007 at 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to have a baby elephant poop statue in my front yard, please :^) Can you make this happen?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home