Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sometimes It Is Brown

We're working on potty training. Last week I went to a book sale at the library. R.E.M. is one of our favorite groups. You may be asking what do these things have in common?

Well, besides the fact that my brain can be very random like that, I'll tell you. I've been wanting to get this book for Buttons to read while she's going to the potty and lo and behold it was on sale for fifty cents at the library. After reading the book, Hubby begins singing "Everyone Poops" to the R.E.M. song "Everybody Hurts". We took "poetic license" and began singing "Everyone poops...sometimes. Sometimes it is brown. Sometimes it is soft. Sometimes..." Well, you get the idea. The book is fairly explicit with poop content and we were singing in the spirit of the book. Hubby and I have always made up new lyrics to old songs on the spot for various occasions.

The next time Buttons sat on the potty, she wanted me to read "Everyone Poops" and after the final page was read, she implored me to "sing it". So, it's now become a musical staple in our house. This morning was no different. After we all read the book together and sang the song, she sat on the potty and although she didn't poop, she did sing "Everyone poooops". Sometimes.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 28, 2007 at 4:08 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Too funny...did you read Crazy Aunt Purl's blog entry on this subject the other day? It was pretty funny. At least it sounds like you are making a chore (potty training) fun!

 
At April 28, 2007 at 9:58 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Ya know, I remember reading that to my niece and nephew. Wait until you get to the sex ed books. My sister bought a book for my 12 year old nephew and he was absolutely mortified. About a week later she noticed the book missing from the basket where she left it, and a month later he was explaining the facts of life to his friends. Of course you have now ruined REM for me. Everytime I hear that song, I'll think of the book.
;-)

 
At April 29, 2007 at 11:17 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

I'm going to remember this one for a long, long time.

XO, WZ/REMfan

 
At May 1, 2007 at 7:26 PM, Blogger art-sweet said...

I think you need this:

http://www.overtherhine.portmerch.com/stores/product.php?productid=16341&cat=250&page=1

It's well worth .99

 
At May 2, 2007 at 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a 9 month old. So we're not potty training yet. But this would SOOOO happen at our house. Thanks for a good laugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home