Thursday, May 24, 2007

Less U.F.O.'s at My House!

Actually, I mean unfinished objects of the knitting variety.
I just finished this market bag for my secret pal using dish cloth cotton. I think it turned out pretty well.
This Jester Hat comes from The Yarn Girl's Guide to Kid Knits: Patterns for Babies and Toddlers which I made for baby S. born this past Sunday. Buttons has the same hat with some different colors and jingle bells. Believe it or not this was done on Red Heart Sport! It's not the absolute softest yarn, but it's very washable and knits up very nicely. See those pom poms? I wasted alot of time trying to do them with this pom pom maker. Then Marsha brought this pom pom maker to our knitting group the other day and I'm sold! (I bought it two days later.)


The bib is from Mason-Dixon Knitting. It's easy, quick, fun, and only takes about 3/4 of a ball of Lily's Sugar & Cream cotton "washcloth" yarn and a button.

Ok, time to knit again. Buttons wants a bib just like the one for baby S. and from my stash she chose the first yarn I ever purchased to learn crochet before knitting. (Still don't know how to crochet.) This washcloth yarn has lived with me for at least 8 years in three different states. I'm very excited she chose this yarn because it was around the time of its purchase that hubby and I started trying for a baby. Now I get to make our baby a bib from it! I can't wait to finish...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 24, 2007 at 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bummed; I can't see your photos! It's probably on my end - I'll try in a little while. You've been busy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home