Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tails Tale

Scene: First thing in the morning, the parent bed.

Buttons: Mama, does my doll have a tail?

Mama: No, dolls and people don't have tails honey.

Buttons: Do cows have tails?

Mama: Yes.

Buttons: Why?

Mama: Well, tails on animals help with balance, swatting flies and other things too.

Buttons: (Laughing) Do you have a tail?

Mama: Are you making a joke?

Buttons: Ha, ha. YES!!! Do sheeps have tails?

Mama: Yes, sheeps have tails too.

My daughter is teaching me to say sheeps. I enjoy learning from her, but I hope "sheeps" doesn't find its way into my everyday vernacular.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 19, 2007 at 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very cool picture - wide open spaces!

 
At May 20, 2007 at 12:42 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

What's wrong with sheeps? Kinda like shrimps. Love kids vocabulary.

Brent still questions why the eatery Buffet isn't pronounced 'Buffet, like Jimmy Buffet' and that it should be spelled buffay. He has a point - that's the English language for ya and it ain't always makin' sense.

 
At May 20, 2007 at 9:31 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Sheep? Sheeps? It's all good.

My friend was once trippin on the whole more than one toothbrush thing.

Teethbrush?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home