Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Important Jobs


I don't work outside of the home. I am a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) and sometimes I worry Buttons won't see that women can do anything. They don't have to be super heroes and do everything, but they can be scientists, doctors, teachers, chefs, mechanics and yes, SAHMs too.

When she "goes" somewhere, she'll tell us she's going knitting (me), to work (hubby) or grocery shopping (both). I know she watches us because when she "goes knitting", she gets all of her purses, bags and anything else she can carry imitating me when I traipse off with copious amounts of projects. For grocery shopping, she has her very own cart. And when we were in H&M the other day, she wanted to try on the belts. I didn't know why until after she was wearing it and she declared she was going to work. (The only time hubby puts on a belt is in the morning before he goes to work.)

So yesterday, my girl is with her daddy and is teaching her doll to walk. She tells hubby "I have a bery impotant job to do. I have to stay home and teach my baby to walk." Me? Yeah, I'm melting. So, I'm glad hubby and I have imparted that mamahood (and daddyhood) is an important job. I also hope she knows that working outside the home is a wonderful and important job too. Someday I will work outside the home again and I will miss these days of watching my baby grow and learn to walk, talk and think. Sigh. An important and blessed job to be sure.

(The picture is from about 6 months ago. I can't believe how much she's grown!)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 8, 2007 at 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother always seemed to have an important job. Being a mother is difficult! You're always the mom - never have time off. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! And I'm sure Buttons appreciates all you do for her. :)

 
At May 8, 2007 at 8:59 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Most important job in the world.

Thanks for another endearing Buttons story. Xo

 
At May 9, 2007 at 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! (I had to laugh because there are two things that my daughter really associates with me - knitting and coffee)

Definitely most important job, no question.

 
At May 11, 2007 at 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet story - thanks for sharing! Happy Mother's Day, Katie! Sounds like you're doing great at your important job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home