Friday, May 18, 2007

M.I.L.F. Update (Aka Hippo Update)

I've been off the MILF program for a while and gained 4 pounds. This is what I feel like today. I'd like to look a bit more like the orginal M.I.L.F., Jennifer Coolidge . Yes, yes, I want to be healthy too. I'm still working on being comfortable in my skin, but there seems to be so much of it and it's all so full. I need to be happier with less. Less chocolate, less worrying, less stuff, less money, less TV, less stress. We've all heard less is more. I see truth in that, but getting there is tough. I do know in this society, more weight seems to make a lesser person. There are many times when I feel invisible to strangers. Is that why I can't seem to lose this weight that keeps me down so much? Do I want to be invisible? Am I scared to join the ranks of the "norm"? I think I need to start meditating, quieting myself and listening to what's going on inside.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 18, 2007 at 6:10 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Your post has moved me to tears. I feel and understand your pain - all too well. I'm sorry you're feeling defeated. Losing weight is terribly hard. You are a beautiful person, inside and out.

I have started my 100th (who's counting?) diet this week & hope stick to it. I think I just need to get my jaw wired shut.

We'll talk soon.

 
At May 18, 2007 at 6:47 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Thanks Tammy. I still consider myself a happy person, but this is my albatross and it just seems to get heavier all the time. Thanks for your kind words.

 
At May 19, 2007 at 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling down about this subject. I struggle with it too so I know how crappy it feels. I think you are on to something with your last comment about maybe stopping and listening to ourselves internally to see what we really need instead of "medicating" (with food, drinks - which tend to be my issue, whatever.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home