Friday, November 16, 2007

Sick and Tired


When Buttons was a wee one she would sometimes fall asleep in her high chair and I missed that a little. (In the picture above, she's just over 1 year.) The last time she did it, I didn't know that would be the last time so I could savor it. Well, the creepy crud that's going around has caught her and we've been staying home. On Wednesday she ate most of her lunch and then started doing the eye close / head jerk from yesteryear that told me she was crazy tired. I loved seeing that again, but I knew that I needed to try to get her to bed before she actually fell asleep. I asked her if she wanted anything more to eat.

"No Mama."
"Are you tired?"
"No Mama."
"Are you done eating?"
"I want a pillow."
"At the table?"
"Yes, I want a pillow."

We toddled off to bed right after that with Buttons taking a brief respite on the sofa with a pillow. We're going to the doctor today to get her checked out and make sure it's nothing more than a cold. I don't know if she'll ever do the high chair head bob again, but I definitely savored it this time.

Thanks for all the suggestions from yesterday. I'm going to mull it over as I finish it and I'll show you the results once I'm done!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At November 16, 2007 at 1:31 PM, Blogger Imperatrix said...

We've got a picture of Impera asleep at her highchair, too! I love the chubby baby cheeks -- they all have them, and they are sooooo munchable!

I hope it isn't anything worse than a cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home