Saturday, November 10, 2007

To Do List

I found this blog on my blogger "dashboard" and thought it was interesting. I'm a big list maker and I usually lose the list before I get to check everything off and then find it a month later and realize I finished everything on the list without having to look at it. There is certainly power in the written word.

Remember yesterday when I posted about needing a break from "the whine"? Well, after I wrote that post, Buttons' behavior improved dramatically and we had a virtually time-out free day. I'd like to believe in magic, but I think when you write something down, it finds a new place in your brain, perhaps a "to do" region and you start working toward that goal. Have any of you ever experienced that?

What's the oddest list you've ever made? Hubby and I once made a Christmas list of everything we wanted, no limit and amused ourselves. Yes we had a jacuzzi on the list along with a house with more closet space, but we also had things on it like ending hunger. The big surprise is the big list is not that full which I think means we're pretty happy where we are. Mmm...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 11, 2007 at 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big list-maker, too. If I don't write something down, I have a hard time remembering it. (There are days when I'm surprised I didn't have to write "bring baby with me" when heading out the door to run errands...)

Not sure what my oddest list was--maybe one of my vacation-prep checklists, which includes not just what to bring but on which day to do which prep task.

 
At November 19, 2007 at 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to make lists of the lists I must remember to list!! That's what you get with "sometimers"!!!
It's ALL ABOUT L-I-S-T-S!!

PS: You then have to remember to READ them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home