Thursday, July 15, 2010

Riding in Cars with Z


Scene #1: Driving Z to camp in the rain, I make a stop that sets off the "foot massager" on my brakes.

Z: What was that?

Me: Well, it's a little more slippery than I expected, so my brakes made a funny sound.

Z: Mom, please be really careful driving home, ok?

We drive a little farther and right before she gets out of the car, she once again reminds me to drive safely.

Scene #2: Driving Z to camp again, with very slow traffic going the opposite way.

Z: Uh-oh. Traffic jam.

Me: I hear traffic jam is good on toast.

Z groans from the backseat (she's heard this joke before).

Z: I suggest you take a different way home, Mom.

She is also able to recognize dudes on the road and feels quite comfortable calling them out on it. But how did my daughter become old enough to say "suggest" and give me driving tips?
She can't even reach the pedals. Yet.


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 15, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

she's so darn smart.

 
At November 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Blogger Moppott said...

...and she's just getting her first blush of "dudes." ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home