Monday, March 01, 2010

Things I'm Digging...

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that February is over. I'm not one to wish time away, but the month was filled with so much snow and dreary skies that I'm truly celebrating this new month. March has announced itself in a lovely way with warmer temperatures, a shining sun, and an easy morning routine with the family.

As dreary as the weather was last month, there were things that made it brighter. Our fireplace was put to good use every snow day and I enjoyed tending the fire. Finding a great recipe and making the best banana muffins ever was a joy as well.

A new tradition in our family is to ask people to remove their shoes when they come into our house. However, I don't want anyone to have cold feet so I decided to knit several Pocketbook Slippers to keep them in a basket by the door for our guests. So far I have one and a half pairs done.

There was a time in my life when my nose was in a book all the time. Over the past several years I have had trouble concentrating on reading and have missed it and knitting has never been a good match with reading until this little gem came along, thanks to my knitting buds. Currently I'm reading Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos and so far I'm enjoying her prose and her references to The Philadelphia Story (if you haven't seen it, go and rent it now).

On TV, I'm tuned into LOST and through Netflix I've been watching Six Feet Under, which I can also recommend since every time I watch one episode it's like a potato chip and I just can't stop after one. The acting is good, the story lines are interesting and I'm now a big fan of Michael C. Hall and may have to check out Dexter next.

I'm also getting a package together for Leah at Our Yellow House for our swap, but I can't show you that yet.

Ok, I'm off to make some more muffins.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Ok I am coming over your house just so I can get to wear a pair of those adorable slippers!! What a thoughtful idea!

Hello March, indeed! Today it was wonderful to walk outside to sunshine!

I'm loving Lost's final season too. And I HIGHLY recommend Dexter as an addition to your Netflix queue! Todd and I are nearly through with season 3 and we are totally hooked. I don't think season 4 is even out yet on DVD, so I don't know what we're going to do until then!

 
At March 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Well Gina, let me know when you want to visit! I'll add Dexter to my que.

 
At March 4, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Blogger leah said...

i have always dreamed of having extra slippers for guests but that project always seems to be pushed further down the list. it is really so thoughtful. i know that i would feel very welcomed to a house who was thinking of me and my chilly feet.

i am working on your package too but i still need a little extra time. first i have to make it through this weekend's birthday party for a bunch of sugared up five year olds dressed like knights and queens!

 
At March 17, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Just wanted to say Hi. xoxox!

 
At April 7, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Blogger Moppott said...

I don't know where you got such an easy, warm style of writing (maybe Aunt Kathie) but you sure can turn a phrase, Sweetie...luv u bunches!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home