Sunday, June 01, 2008

Soep!

I have this great book on blogging called No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog so I probably shouldn't post about this but I'm super psyched about my new "recipe" for soup.
Steam carrots, red pepper, onion and a peeled apple until quite soft and remove skins from the red pepper. Put in the steaming water and add a bit of water. Next, either put it in a blender or use one of these puppies until smooth.

Next, add two of the Maggi Bouillons "Groenten Met Kruiden" (vegetables with herbs), which I am almost positive you can't get in the U.S. (durn). Warm it up and then add some Creme Fraiche/Verse Room until it's as creamy as you desire.

Now, grab a bowl and eat it with your favorite Belgium beer. The one we drank it with was a gift from C&J when we had them up for dinner. They described it as a kind of wine and while it does have some vino qualities, it also reminds me of hard cider as well. It was wonderful and the soup was delicious if I do say so myself.
We went to Brugge/Bruge this weekend and I'll have to fill you in later. We enjoyed ourselves, but have realized that Buttons is really quite homesick.
We're back in less than 3 weeks, but if y'all have any ideas on how to help her, please let me know.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 1, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

I think that the beer is a very important part here. Seems to keep making an appearance in your Euro blog posts. Is that in your fancy blog-idea book??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home