Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Feeling Far Away

Our neighbors back home (M. and N.) have been very good to us. They have watched over our house and our kitty on many many occasions including when we went to China to meet our girl. M. had quintuple bi-pass surgery the day we left and I felt bad that I couldn't stay home and help them for a change. I e-mailed shortly after arriving here to find out how M. was doing and he e-mailed back to let us know he was tired but everything had gone well.

Today, I was missing friends and family a bit and decided to call M. using Skype and when M. answered I asked how things were going. He told me that he was fine, but his roommate N.'s son had been hit by a car this morning on his way to work and didn't survive. My heart sank. M. had just found out about an hour and a half before my call and was quite stunned by it all. He seemed to need to take his mind off of things, so we chatted about Belgium a bit and I told him to take good care of himself right now.

So, as the title of the post says, I'm feeling far away. Any ideas on what I can do for my nieghbors so far away?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At May 6, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Blogger Elizabeth D said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At May 6, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

duraknit said:

Wow, Katie -- and here I was fretting about sixth grade math issues!! I think you should ask Buttons to draw him a picture.

--Elizabeth D.

(Thanks for the comment and idea Elizabeth. I had to delete the comment because it had Buttons' real name.)

 
At May 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sorry that such a tragedy happened while you were far away. The picture is a great idea. Keeping in touch will help.

 
At May 8, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh my gosh! How heartbreaking. A picture is a lovely idea.

I don't know the age of your friend's son, but if there was something special in his life, you could honor him somehow by including that.

I'll keep your neighbor (friend) in my prayers.

Hugs to you too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home