Sunday, April 06, 2008

Welcome to the World Miss M.!

Remember Rocco and Rita? So, Rocco and Rita are one of those couples in the folklore of adoption who get pregnant after getting pretty far in the process and Miss M. was born March 28th with much joy and jubilation. So, yesterday we went for a visit to meet the divine Miss M. along with Rocco's parents. Do I have some lovely pictures to share? No, because I forgot to bring my camera. (Aaarrgghh!) Let me just tell you that Miss M. is lovely and I was able to hold her while Buttons looked over my shoulder with the sweetest joy and hubby was able to feed her while Buttons adored the cutie-pie.

As I said, we met Rocco's parents who are also from the mid-west and I must say I miss the people from that area. They were welcoming to us after their long trip, fed us the home-made lunch they brought with them and talked with us like we were old friends. Rocco and Rita were relaxed and thoroughly enjoying parenthood. Buttons had a blast seeing Miss M. and being entertainment for the adults. We had veggie soup, salad and yummy cookies all made with love. It was a warm, sunshine day. Outside it was nice too.

On the way home, we told Buttons she could sleep.
Her response was to ask "why".
I told her "then you won't have to take a nap when we get home".
"Ok Mom, goodnight."
And then she went to sleep.
Rocco and Rita, it'll be a while before Miss M. succumbs to that.
I was a bit floored by it yesterday.

(Buttons asleep in car is a "stock" photo.)


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 7, 2008 at 7:23 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Congratulations Rocco & Rita!

Funny how we never know how our road to parenthood will go...

 
At April 9, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Oh, Ms. Buttons, how I love your sleepy photo as I love the bunny rabbit photo from the earlier post. One day we will share cookies and our killer cowboy boot love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home