Thursday, February 07, 2008

Gung Hay Fat Choy!




For the last four years (even before we met Buttons) we've attended festivities hosted by our adoption agency to celebrate the New Year. Some of the families we traveled with to China attend and we get a chance to catch up on each other's lives. While there was only a handful of families from our group there, we had a great time. Buttons was really into watching the dancers, laughing at the puppet show and then "grooving" with Hubby and me.

The celebration continues for 15 days and ends
with the Lantern Festival.
So break out the nian gao, sing a song, make a craft and dance!


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 7, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you handing out red envelopes today? :)

 
At February 7, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Blogger thursday said...

Happy Chinese New Year! I've never been to a celebration, but it sure looks like fun. My husband was born in a year of the rat - and it looks like another member of my family will be a rat, too! I think it's a good sign (although I'm a dragon). :)

 
At February 8, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Happy Year of the Rat! I was born in a Year of Rat too! I guess that means that this year will be lucky for me? That would be totally zgyefidn!

 
At February 14, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Interesting! I'm a Rat, and it's been a lucky year so far - interesting that this coincides with the Jupiter return (12 year cycle), also another lucky indicator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home