Sunday, November 25, 2007

Walternatives asks... (part 2)



In this month of Nablopomo, I'm so happy to have buds who posted questions for my writer's block. Here are a few more answered...

Walternatives (her blog is password protected) asks

Did you have a pet as a child? I don't remember when my parents brought home our little black and white Toy Poodle, but I was told I named her in baby talk after my favorite drink and in 7th grade I remember my mom coming to pick me up at school and asking me to hold something for her and giving me a little Cairn Terrier puppy (she was given a very popular dog name). I do try to retain a little anonymity and for that reason I don't want to post the names of these pooches from my childhood. Darnit!

In what city were you raised? Hmm, that anonymity thing creeps in here again. However, I'm fine with telling you I was raised in a mid-size city in the "thumb-crook" of Michigan. Unfortunately, my hometown and home state are really hurting from the automotive industry. In fact, Hubby and I have considered buying one of these, but we really want to try and support Michigan. Yes, I know that supporting the Earth is supporting our home state, but you can kinda understand, right? Sometime I will tell a bit more about growing up in my little neighborhood though.

More tomorrow...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At November 26, 2007 at 3:42 PM, Blogger Imperatrix said...

You know, after "Roger and Me", I thought GM was run by idiots. After Who Killed the Electric Car, I *know* GM is run by idiotic a**holes.

Although I'm all about buying local, I also believe that we should use our money to support *good* business. That's why GM will never see any Imperatrix money. That's being stashed away for a Prius (in a few years).

 
At November 26, 2007 at 8:05 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Yeah, I'm definitely being swayed in the Prius direction as well. I haven't seen "Who Killed the Electric Car", but it's going on my Netflix list.

I would also to send GM and other car companies the message to improve their cars and make them smaller, so buying a Prius is another excellent way to do that.

Thanks for your comments Imperatrix.

 
At November 27, 2007 at 4:39 PM, Blogger walternatives said...

Having good p/w protected recently, I completely understand your anonymity goal. But you handled it well, leaving out exact names and places. I bet you got some wonderful seasonal foilage growing up as well as great outdoor activities and cheries! Thanks for answering my nosey questions.

 
At November 27, 2007 at 4:40 PM, Blogger walternatives said...

Oops. that comment should have read "having GONE..."

 
At December 1, 2007 at 12:57 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Sorry I missed the question thing - out of town. But! I am please that Walternativez came up with somany good ones! So, are you a Wolverine?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home