Friday, November 23, 2007

Commercial Break







Hubby and I were watching "The Scarlet Pimpernel" movie the other night to get us prepared for the play. This made-for-tv version starred Anthony Andrews, Jane Seymour and Sir Ian McKellen and was a hoot to watch. Sink me! There were obvious places where commercials would have been, so we started coming up with ads we knew way back when and placing them. We came up with things like "I'd like to buy the world a Coke", "Everything I think I see becomes a Tootsie Roll to me" and "Ancient Chinese secret" (which makes me wince now) but for the life of me I couldn't remember the Faygo song until I looked them up on the web. Perhaps, you don't know Faygo pop. Yes, I'm from Michigan where Faygo started and according to Wiki, began the use of "pop" instead of soda for fizzy beverages. Haven't tried it? You should start with Rock & Rye. Yummy.

Thanks everyone for your post ideas. I will get to them sometime this weekend. We're a bit busy here getting things in shape for decorating and I want to give those ideas more thoughts than a quick post. Plus, I've just figured out how easy it is to incorporate YouTube in my blog, so you're in trouble now!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2007 at 11:53 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Funny! How about Madge and Palmolive? Or, 'bring home the bacon & fry it up in the pan'.

 
At November 23, 2007 at 1:00 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Oh yeah Tammy! You're in the spirit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home