Thursday, September 13, 2007

Buffy & Knitting

My Secret Pal spoiler is located somewhere in the UK and has sent me a postcard from Manchester with a trivia question. Which BBC drama with a time travel visit from 2006 and 2007 was set in Manchester? I've never seen Dr. Who, but that was my first guess. With a little help from Go*gle and Wiki... I believe the answer is Life on Mars which looks really interesting and I'll see if I can get it on Netfl*x. The other cool thing about my Secret Pal? She's a big fan of Joss Whedon as well. Secret Pal, I'm a fan of the Scooby Gang myself with Willow and Xander being my faves. Wash and Kaylee were my faves on Firefly.

As a participant in the Fall into Autumn Dishcloth Swap, I decided to play along with the contests and each week will blog about the topic they give us. So, for this week...

Now that in some geographic locations the weather is starting to turn cooler, do you change the type of yarn(s) you knit/crochet with? If so, what do you now knit/crochet with instead and why? If not, why do you not switch and what do you knit/crochet with?

The weather is getting cooler here and usually the answer would be yes, I do change the types of yarn, but right now I'm addicted to the ballband washcloth pattern and can't seem to stop making them. However, this weekend I'm going to shop around for some wool to make stockings for Hubby and I. (Buttons received hers last year.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 13, 2007 at 5:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My friend Cindy, who emailed you because she also has a daughter from China, calls ball bands knitter's crack.

I've loved the latest pictures of Buttons and am glad she's enjoying school.

 
At September 13, 2007 at 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it's your SP. And your Google-fu has won you the promised trivia prize ;-) It was Life on Mars. But you haven't seen Dr Who? That's terrible! One of the things I did while I was in Manchester was visit the Dr Who exhibition at the museum there. I was brought up on that show.

I do love the Scooby Gang as well - actually, my cat is partly named after one of them.

Speak to you again soon.
-SP

 
At September 14, 2007 at 1:16 PM, Blogger THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

I've been forces all summer to endure Dr. Who ever since husband and son have discovered it. The sets and monsters are so cheeeeeeeesey! But, i'm getting back at them!
I've been taking out from the library Prime Suspect and The Forsyte Saga (6 disc set!!) and holding the t.v. hostage with my viewing! ha-HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home