Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hail Thor!



"Nay, father. Some of us have been killing giants today and aren't in the mood for a tea party." -Thor Odinson
One of Mike's co-workers in Belgium just had a baby boy and his parents named him Thor. I immediately thought of this pattern and asked Mike if they would enjoy a viking hat for their first born son. Mike, who is very low-key, seemed quite tickled with that idea. I had the pattern and the yarn for the horns and I ordered the other yarn from Knitpicks.com. I finished the horns last night and can't wait for the rest of the yarn to arrive. I mean, the Madmen season premiere is tonight and I would really love to knit that hat while I'm watching Don Draper stride across the board room selling sexist ads, make whoopee with his children's teacher, or giving someone a disapproving look. Ok, so maybe I don't really need my knitting tonight.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

That beats the heck out of a knitted strawberry hat any day! Fantastic!!

 
At July 26, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Blogger THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

This will be such a cute gift!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home