Monday, June 22, 2009

Sock it to me!


I have finished a sock!!! Did it make it on the 6 o'clock news in your area? Yeah, not here either, but it feels like it should have. Although I started knitting a pair of toe-up socks a while ago, this is my first finished sock. What's different? Well, I concentrated on one sock at a time, I did cuff-down and my friend Marsha made some really easy kick-ass note-cards to follow. I must say if you're trying to figure out the Kitchener Stitch, this is the place to go. Thank you, Knit Witch.

Now, I'm itching to get my toe-up socks done, too. I'm stuck and need some help from my knitting buds, who can get me through any knitting emergency. One of my pals gave our group a class in toe-up socks and put together the pattern and suggested we do two socks at a time so we wouldn't just make one. They were very good ideas, but I think perhaps I just needed to see one through and figure out the guts and anatomy of the sock.

Pattern: Socks from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Yarn: Regia #5342
Needles: Addi Turbo 12"circular size 2
Clover size 2 dpn's (short)

Ok, it's now either time for bed or time to cast on sock #2!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see sock #1! Did you already cast on for #2?

 
At June 23, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Blogger Katie J said...

I haven't cast on for #2. I'm going to write up the note-cards for D. before I start the next one.

Thanks again for all of your help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home