Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Voter Tuesday


I'm going to try and do a post every Tuesday until the election about voting, so here's the first. As you can tell from some previous posts, voting is very important to me and to my husband as well. Back in 2004, Buttons and I were at the polling place for several hours to pass out information and greet people. Buttons is aware of the candidates and knows that Obama is our man.

So, the other night in the bathroom, there was a magazine with Obama on the cover and Hubby was wearing his Mr. Rogers t-shirt with "Everything is good in the 'hood" written on it. Buttons told my husband that she thought Neighbor Rogers (her name for him) would make a good president. Hubby agreed but then had to tell her why that couldn't happen (RIP Mr. Rogers). Later, the three of us talked about the reasons he would be a good president. He would work for world peace, the environment and most importantly think of children first. I hope our next president will be one that will give Buttons a brighter future and then perhaps our daughter could call him Neighbor Obama.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 14, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Blogger KnittingReader said...

Thank you for a post full of hope! I alternate between panic and happiness about this election--I want so badly for our country to do the right thing.

 
At October 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Blogger Gina said...

When Obama wins, the world should throw a "welcome back, we missed you, America" party. I seriously see celebration in the streets, and not just here. I don't mean to sound like a pompous American who aggrandizes the importance of America on the global community. But seriously, I feel like an outcast from the rest of the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home