Friday, June 13, 2008

Just for the Taste of It...

There will indeed be a post about Russia, but we're getting ready to go to Germany with our hosts and friends C & J. So, in the meantime, please enjoy a picture of a vending machine we found in the Brussels airport on our way to Russia (click on the pic for a larger view). Hubby of course made the comment that titles this post. Just in case you aren't familiar there is a famous statue in Brussels that looks like this. I love the humor of the Manneke pis, but I don't want his stuff in my Coke.

By the way, we're going home a week from today(wow!). As you can probably tell, I'm going to miss Belgium very much. Buttons will miss it too, but she is very homesick. If you have any ideas on making it easier for me to leave or helping Buttons get through this last week with homesickness, let me know.

Ok, the Secret Pal question of the week is this:
What's your favorite summertime drink?
On a hot day it's either gonna be a gin and tonic or a very cold, good (Belgian) beer. Most often you'll find me drinking home brewed ice tea of varying flavors. (I have an ice tea maker!)


Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lay the blame for this vending machine directly at the feet of American Coke ad execs. No Belgian would do that!

As to Buttons' homesickness: You all have a cat, right? What if she "received a letter" from the cat, asking her to bring back drawings of what she has done each day of this last week? Or maybe the cat would write to her in the letter that it looooves Germany, and could she please make sure to visit xxx and yyy for her when she visits there with you, her parents?

I don't know if you like this sort of subterfuge, but it might work.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Blogger Elizabeth D said...

For Buttons -- what about shopping for special presents for her friends? Little things, of course. And she can wrap them and add notes about how much she's looking forward to seeing them again.

--Elizabeth

 
At June 13, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Talk about the art of a Golden Shower. Haha - that is the prettiest Coke machine I think I've ever seen...

 
At June 15, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Great suggestions guys. Thanks. We'll see what works. Only 4 days left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home