Friday, November 30, 2007

The Final Day


In honor of the last day of Nablopomo (hoorah!), I will answer Lou's question from a few days ago since today is also the last day of Secret Pal 11.
So, what's on my needles?


Christmas gifts. My very nice step-brother is getting to a very sweet woman next July and after that I will have 2 more nieces. Yeah! So, I'm making a hat for my niece and my nephew and both of my soon-to-be nieces. I'm doing solid colors for each of then with a coordinating stripe. My nephew will have a navy blue hat with a light brown stripe, my "new" niece will have a light brown hat with a navy blue stripe, and then a chocolate brown solid with a turquoise stripe and vice versa for my niece and my other "new" niece. I'm using Lamb's Pride Bulky for the first time and I LOVE it! The colors are great, the center pull is easy to find, it has a little halo of mohair, is fairly soft for solid wool, it's warm, and for a $7.50 skein, you can make a whole hat! I basically used the pattern from this book. In fact, if I only could have one pattern book, it would be "The Knitter's Book of Handy Patterns". I always know they'll have something in there for almost any gauge and it will work.


Next year, I'm starting my Christmas knitting in February, ok? Please hold me to it guys. I'm notorious for last minute craziness. My tree is up though!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 1, 2007 at 12:44 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

I love the Lambs Pride colors, too! What a nice combo of blue & brown - you go!

 
At December 3, 2007 at 5:41 AM, Blogger Lou said...

Oh, those look great :-) That really is a fabulous book, isn't it? I love it too.

You may have noticed, though, that while SP11 is officially over... you haven't had your third parcel yet. I'll tell you more about why by email, but don't think I've forgotten you! Far from it, in fact ;-)

 
At December 3, 2007 at 8:56 AM, Blogger Be Inspired Always said...

Did you post every day? If you did congrats :)


I didn't have time to do it this year but maybe next November.



Jillian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home