Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanks Gina!

When I was dating my Hubby, I would give gifts at Christmas to his family and it seemed like I received a thank you note in the mail the next day. I talked to my mother-in-law about her quickness and she told me that she wouldn't use the gift until she put her thank you note in the mail. She felt that by doing that she was always very prompt with the thank yous. I thought "what an excellent idea" and started doing that myself.

I must say I have strayed badly on that one and I'm hoping to get back on it because it's also a really good thing to teach Buttons. I have been so disorganized lately that I'm certain I would forget to bring my head if it wasn't attached.

So, here is a long overdue and huge thank you to Gina of The Mirthful Menagerie. Gina had a blogiversary contest and I was the winner. This contest happened a while ago (shame on me) and before I properly thanked her I started using the goodies (more shame). But let me tell you, the goodies are wonderful and I am very thankful.

I can't believe the amount of yarn and fun stuff that she gave away!
(Click on the pics to get a good look.)
The dish scrubber and washcloth are awesome and I feel lucky to have something made by Gina's very capable hands. And the colors? My faves. I've started to use the fabulous soap and have had several cups of that great coffee. The i-tunes card ($25!!!) will be used soon as we get ready to make some long car trips. most of the yarn I haven't used yet, but it's on the top of my stash, so it's calling to me.
I haven't tried the tea, but I might on this snowy day. It looks wonderful, doesn't it?
And the Moda Dea Cartwheel yarn? Yup, I started a vest for Buttons and I LOVE this yarn. I don't know if I would have chosen this yarn, but after working with it, I would definitely choose it again. The colors are great and the feel of it is wonderful. Gina wasn't happy with the thick and thin aspect of it, but I bet now that she's been knitting a while, she would like it. It gives such a nice texture and I can't wait to finish this (although I'm really enjoying the process).

So, Gina I know you didn't pick these goodies specifically for me, but it feels like you did.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
I'm very late, but it truly is heart felt. You are a sweetheart.

And anyone who reads this, could you go to Gina's blog and give her a cyber hug? She just had to say goodbye to her wonderful kitty, Mr. Chesterfield. Gina has a big heart and her cats live inside it and right now her heart is aching.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At November 21, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Blogger Gina said...

You are most welcome! I am so glad that you like everything, even the itchy Lambs' Pride!

Thanks, too, for thinking of me and Mr. Chesterfield. It means a lot to me.

*HUGS*

 
At November 21, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray, Gina!

I love how the vest is turning out! You will have that sucker completely knit up in no time at all!

 
At November 22, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Nice package! Are you still vested in the vest?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home