Friday, February 24, 2006

Travel / Wait Tips Anyone?

Our adoption agency recently asked us if we would speak at their next travel meeting for adoptive parents waiting to go to China. They e-mailed some thoughts on topics to discuss and I thought, I'll put this out on the blog to see what everyone else thinks. Problem is although I have quality readers, I don't know that I have a large quantity of readers. I'm hoping this would help people who come to read my blog as well as our upcoming audience. Stephanie had these wonderful tips on her blog "Forks and Chopsticks" for dealing with the wait. I wondered if anyone could give me answers to the following questions...
What do you wish you had done or did do during the wait that helped you from going nuts?
What was the hardest part of the trip?
Things you took to China: Best, least necessary, wish you'd brought.
My travel group, AKA our "China Family" sent a list of their 'things to take' and I'll share that in an upcoming post.
Oh, and for those of you who haven't gone yet, what question(s) would you like answered?

News on Buttons? She is very Buddhist in her ways. I like to place a Cheerio on my nose and try to catch it in my mouth to amuse her at meal times. I often miss and it will land on my shirt or the floor. (I've never been accused of being athletic, coordinated, etc.) Well, the girl loves it whether it goes in my mouth or I miss it completely. She's along for the ride and gets a kick out of everything. Also, my husband is an awesome juggler, but she laughs more with my juggling which consists of throwing things in the air and trying unsuccessfully to catch them while sticking my tongue out and making generally funny noises. Oh boy do I love her and her laugh. It's the greatest sound in the world.

4 Comments:

At February 25, 2006 at 7:47 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, thanks for the "shout out!" I can't wait to see your list of things to take. I heard that a big bag of Cheerios is a must.

 
At February 25, 2006 at 12:40 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I wish I would have cooked & froze more meals for when you first get home. At least a week or two worth of meals would have been awesome. I froze about two dinners & wish I had done more.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

You'll be great at the travel meeting!!

BTW, I love baby giggles too! Allison is FINALLY over her miserable bug & it sure is awesome to have a pleasant baby again.

Tammy

 
At February 27, 2006 at 8:29 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Hm, no tips from me since I'm a newbie who is slowly losing my mind during the long wait. But I will check back to see what I can learn from YOUR tips! :-)

Love the Cheerios story.

 
At March 7, 2006 at 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally planning to cook up a storm before I leave. Note: I said 'planning'. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home