Monday, February 20, 2006

Knit Post #1

  Posted by Picasa
This is the hat I knit for my hubby as modeled by Buttons. She loves to put things on her head and then get pictures taken of herself. I knit this with Lionbrand Homespun in Harvest out of "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns". I love this book. It's filled with classic patterns to make hats, mittens, gloves, scarves, sweaters, socks and vests. The great thing about it is you can make these items using any gauge (well, just about) from newborn to adult. I've been happy so far and I know I will use this book forever. I might even make Buttons a hat in her size! I must say I don't normally use Lionbrand since I'm a bit of a yarn snob, but my hubby (M.) can't handle wool and really likes soft, natural fabrics. So, this isn't natural, but it's soft and was actually pretty decent to use, plus the colors went with the new coat I gave him for his birthday. Yeah, that was several months ago and I'm just finishing this very easy hat. Ah, mamahood!

3 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 at 4:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Great hat! Thanks for the book recommendation - I might just have to pick it up.

 
At February 21, 2006 at 10:08 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Cool hat.

Knitting seems to be really popular - very "in".

 
At February 23, 2006 at 8:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

BTW, I just happened to link to my blog from yours and saw that it doesn't have my most recent posts on it. I think you might have linked only to the last posts, not my entire blog. Would love for you to see my newest knitted hat, so just change your link to www.forksandchopsticks.blogspot.comonly. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home