Thursday, February 16, 2006

Sick, sick, sick

I have the best husband in the world. I've always known this, but the past couple weeks have made this fact even more obvious. My daughter and I have been sick with throat and chest ailments that have sent us to the doctor and pharmacy more times than I care to think about. Buttons almost went to the hospital per doctors orders. Scary stuff. We are all feeling better now...finally. (Ok, actually my hubby feels a bit sickly...poor guy.)

So, how do I know I got the best one? He stayed home from work at a time when it wasn't so great for him to be away. He didn't make me feel bad about being sick. He didn't break down and cry like I did on one of the last bad days and wonder if I'll ever feel well again. No, he was nurturing and kind and wonderful. He is so good to Buttons, it gets me teary.

So, no big new flash here, just a happy thought at the end of the long days journey out of Sickville. Oh, and the social worker comes tomorrow for our 6 month post-placement interview after having rescheduled like 3 times and I barely have a voice. How does the house look? Not too bad. It definitely looks like we have a 16 month-old daughter living with us, which I suppose is how it's supposed to look.

2 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 at 6:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

What a great guy. So glad that you and your daughter feel better. I had gotten a nasty flu bug back in October and was in bed for three days, so I know that it is not fun!

 
At February 17, 2006 at 1:46 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

M. is awesome! Glad you guys are on the mend.

Tammy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home